I’m too busy today to post the usual link list, but not too busy for some serious procrastination. I discovered a strange and silly tool called “I Write Like” that analyzes your writing, does some fancy statistical thing (nonsense?), and tells you what famous author you write like.
It’s not very consistent. My results based on several different blog posts:
- Femmes and Femininity is like Stephen King
- Archeopteris is like Dan Brown [I’m not sure whether to be insulted or amused]
- The Crisis: Put Down the Pruning Shears is like Margaret Atwood
- Forgot? is like Chuck Palahniuk
- The combination of Forgot?, Archeopteris, and Happy Blog Anniversary! is like David Foster Wallace
So, either my word choice and writing style are wildly different in each of these posts, or the tool is very terrible at what it says it does. Or both. Regardless, that was a very fun way to avoid my web programming duties for 15 minutes.