- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- about 4 cups chopped greens (Mustard, beet, kale, turnip or anything else you like. Works just as well with combinations.)
- 1 can black beans
- 1 medium yukon gold tomato sliced thinly
- 1 cup mushrooms (shitake, button, whatever)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- a tablespoon or so of olive oil
- 2/3 cup vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 pound smoked gouda
- 1/2 pound extra sharp cheddar
Grease a 2 quart casserole & preheat oven to 350° F.
Saute onion in olive oil until they start to become translucent. Add mushrooms and saute for another 3 or 4 minutes, then add greens and saute until they’re wilted.
Layer quinoa, greens mixture, potato, beans, greens mixture, quinoa
with cheese between each layer and on the top.
I use about 3/4 of the cheese the recipe calls for.
Heat the vegetable broth and mix in the cornstarch, then pour it over the casserole.
Bake for about 30 min. It’s done when the potatoes aren’t crunchy and the cheese is all melted.