Stuff worth reading
- A National Blessing Household debt is not the same as national debt
- Why Don’t Americans Have Bike Barriers? I like to bike in heels and skirts and avoid cars
- Not-so special K: big pharma wants ketamine clones to treat depression
- Prisons turn to computer algorithms for deciding who to parole A better way to help “prisons cut down on their ballooning cost of operations” would be to stop putting so goddamn many people in prison.
- The Dark Art of Glamour Yes
- Devils in Red Dress Someone once told me that the unbalanced gender ratio in China could give women more power. Here’s the knock-down for that bit of sexism and a whole lot more on stereotypes, gender roles and political power, and the US and China.