Yesterday I got quite a bit done:
- Got day old bagel’s from Biff’s for the next week and a half of breakfasts.
- Did 4 hours of math hw (still not done…)
- Washed the kitchen floor, beat/washed all the rugs, and did a mountain of dishes.
- Filled out and mailed my ballot. Hooray for early voting by mail!
- Went grocery shopping.
- Chopped, cooked, and pureed two large butternut squash. (This isn’t done – my poor blender got too hot, so I have to finish today and then freeze it all.)
- Studied for my ecology class for two hours.
- Caught up on blogs/news reading.
I also drank emergenC and hot tea and tons of water all day long in an attempt to get rid of my cold. For dinner, I made a vitamin C-rich salad with chickpeas and mustard greens. It was very tasty. I love how spicy mustard greens can be – a few bites definitely brought tears to my eyes.
Chickpea Salad with Red Onion and Mustard Greens
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- a can of chickpeas
- about 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced mustard greens
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
In a smallish bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, vinegar, oil, and mustard. Stir in garlic and orgeano. Put the chickpeas, mustard greens and onion into a medium bowl. Add the dressing and toss well. (My CSA newsletter tells me this recipe is from The Good Herb: Recipes and Remedies from Nature.)
Hopefully I’ll be as productive today!